IN-DEMAND SOFT SKILLS &
In a world where too much schooling is narrow and uninspiring but where we need young people with creativity and self-confidence, James ’s simple but clever ideas about designing in the classroom are a breath of fresh air.
Chief Executive, RSA
- A 'creative agency at school' focused on generating concepts
- Workshops and keynotes for both students and faculty
- A range of community action-related projects & activities
- Time, space, autonomy and collaboration
- Focus on projecting ideas not perfecting design
- Between 4 and 25 participants
- Sessions range from 3 hours to a full day
- Opportunity to tap into existing school projects
- Charity advertising and marketing campaigns
- Event planning
- Product and packaging concepts
- Community improvement
- Storyboards for film and TV awareness campaigns
James is originally from the UK and now resides in Graz, from where he runs The School of Creative Thinking. James is also a Fellow of the RSA and a published author.
Having worked as a conceptual designer at creative agencies in Europe on major global accounts, James took this know-how and experience directly into the classroom to set up an in-school design agency.
It was the combination of these two experiences that led to the creation of The School of Creative Thinking.
James has spoken at educational conferences throughout the world, works with ECIS on key projects as well as education groups on the branding and publication side of things. Outside of work, he is an experienced voice artist with a love and talent for global dialects.
Please email for more information about costs and timings. SCT can also work with schools on existing projects.
PEOPLE, PENS & PAPER: THE BOOK
People, Pens & Paper, is designed as a project-based learning guide for teachers and includes techniques to generate fresh ideas as well as offering a range of short and long-term projects. It also looks at what tweaks we can make to our learning environments in order to create more of a real-world feel, whilst at the same time developing in-demand soft skills.
With a focus on facilitation over teaching, People, Pens & Paper is packed with ideas to give students increased autonomy along with collaborative learning experiences. A great deal of the projects featured in this book are connected to community action, both on a global and local level. You can order your copy from these key retailers:
John Catt Educational